Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Our uh, Valentine's Day?

Happy Valentines Day all!
So Valentine's Day('s) Saturday and Monday can count as well since such a Romantic day fell on a Sunday, and how in the world can a Sunday be Romantic. Anyway, so I had to work basically all day both Saturday and Monday, but still tried to do something for my little honey bun. On Saturday, I got her the best Valentine's gift and girl could get: A NINTENDO NES (the original one)! It was so cool and I remembered her talking about how it would be fun to have one a few days before. When I surprised her with it, she just gave me a weird look like, "You actually got that?" Oh well, better luck next year, right? Sunday (the actual V-Day) was fun. After church (and getting yelled at by one of Meygen's young women for not making my wife heart-shaped pancakes even though we woke up late and wouldn't have gone to church had we eaten heart shaped pancakes), we went to Mom and Dad's for our weekly Dinner/Lunch thing that we do. It was super yummy (thanks Mom!). And then we looked at some family photos and made a gingerbread house. I know, it sounds really weird, but that's what we did for the big V-day and it was pretty darn fun! Well, that is until Kyle and I got a hold of it and turned it into the gingerbread house of horrors! Muahaha! Check out the pics and you'll see what I mean.
Chersty and Meygen worked hard on the house.

Die Mr. Gingerbread man!

Die!

Food coloring made a pretty morbid scene.

We played with the puppies a bit. Well, I did.

Kira is so mellow, she'll take just about anything.

Food smash!

The aftermath, and not so happy mother.

Kyle tried to help clean up after his catastrophe.

Yes, catastrophe.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

thanks for the good laugh! I totally understand kitchen catastrophies. :) Congrats on the condo too!

The Ivins said...

Why Thanks!