Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Memorial Day

May 30, 2011 -

My Mom and Trey were down for the Concert and they happened to be here over Memorial Day. My Mom and I had always wanted to go up to the big Salt Lake City Cemetery and find all the Prophets headstones, neither of us had ever been before. The Cemetery was so huge I couldn't even believe it. it must have gone on for miles. But it was fun to walk around and remember and honor those who have passed before us. We got to see President Hinckley's grave as well as many other Prophets and we even saw a few of Cory's relatives who had been buried up there.

 Rowynne and Uncle Trey on the ride up to the Cemetery

 Hinckley Grave Stone

President Hinckely and his wife's headstones

 President McKay's headstone was HUGE.... The Hinckley headstone is in the far back right behind it.
 It towered above it
 Mark, Meygen, and Chersty
I can't remember whose headstone this is? 

This was Cory's great great Grandfather's headstone. It is actually a piece of petrified wood. Very cool! 
Mommy, Rowynne and Trey

Happy Memorial Day

1 comment:

sierrasister Kathy said...

Wish I could have gone with you!