Monday, August 25, 2008

We got robbed?!?!

Oh my goodness!

(What's left of our front entry)

(Disaster in the living room)

(The tipped couch hit a corner!)


Oh no!  This was no robbery, this was Meygen's futile attempt to find her keys!  
So, on Friday morning, I was at work and received a phone call from my wonderful wife.  Megs informed me that she could not find her keys anywhere and began to blame me for taking them telling me I had taken them and put them in my backpack that I had taken with me to work.  So, wanting to prove my innocence, I reassured her that there were no keys in my pack.  I told her to call me if she couldn't find the keys so I could pick her up and take her to work.  Needless to say, she called and I drove to Pleasant Grove (as I work in South Provo) so we could get her to work on time (or at least not terribly late).   When I got home to pick her up, I saw what you saw in the above pictures!  I couldn't believe my eyes!  There were cushions everywhere, papers, books, frames, clothes, shoes (you should have seen our closet) and anything else you could imagine strewn across every part of the house.  I really thought that the guys from "It Takes a Theif" on the discovery channel had visited us.  Then I realized that the TV was still here and that's when I realized Megs had turned the house upside down looking for the keys.  It took everything I had not to laugh being that she was quite distraught at the time.
After taking her to work and picking her up afterward, we came home and she told me everything she had done to the house and that she had even cut out the bottom of our couch with a cutco knife when she heard a jingle come from it (turns out the previous owners had put a rat trap in our couch), sadly there were no keys to be found.  
We kept looking and when I was in the living room re-looking over everything spilt on the floor, she walked out of the bedroom with a jingling set of keys.  Turns out they had been underneath her makeup box the entire time.  
What's interesting was that we only found them after both of us knelt in prayer and asked the Lord to help us find them.  I know it sounds primary, but we only found them after we asked.  There's a little testimony builder for ya'.  
So now everything is put back into its place and things are back to normal (except for the gash in the corner of our wall).  We're so glad to have our keys again, and we are seriously considering getting a very large key rack.  Ha ha!



(A picture of the ashamed Meygen Ivins and her missing keys)



5 comments:

All About Austins said...

Haha! Too funny!

( dont worry Meygen, I loose my keys and debit card all the time and Nick LOVES telling everyone he can about it to make me feel embarrassed! )

Ashlee said...

I love your blog! Thanks for letting me in! You guys are so cute!

Lance and Melissa said...

You guys are so cute! Sorry Cory, that we couldn't come to your reception...we live in San Francisco now. Congratulations on having a beautiful wife, and as for losing keys, you aren't the only one Meygen--my husband won't let me borrow his set anymore because he knows he will never see them again.

Congrats again!
Melissa Keyes

Megan & Chris Lee said...

That is too funny! Good thing she never did that when we were living together. Your blog is cute by the way!

sierrasister Kathy said...

What a HOOT! But U Used a Cutco knife???? oh, the pain!!!!! I will be sending you something for future situations!
love you, gmom
ps (in addition to the key rack, put a spare key in your wallet! That has bailed me out of many a 'situation' -- now if I could just remember to turn my car lights off so I don't run the battery down!