Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Getting Married

Meygen and I were married on the morning of July 23rd 2008.  The morning was amazingly clear and bright as we got ready for this momentous day.  Meygen came over to my parents home early and my Dad gave her and I both a father's blessing, we'll never forget that experience.  After Meygen finished getting her hair done (we won't mention how long it took and how many people it took to do it, ha ha), I picked her up and we headed to the Salt Lake Temple.  On the free way, close to the exit for the temple, my gas light turned on and we really didn't think much of it because we were so close and we could always get gas afterward (this little tidbit of information will come to play later in the story).  At the temple, the old temple workers helped me get dressed ( I guess Megs will have to tell you how it was on her end of things), and then we met and had some time just to ourselves.  It was amazing and I felt closer than ever to my future wife.  Then we were called into the sealing room and were married for time and all eternity!  What an amazing experience!  We were married!  Married! 
SWEET!!!!
Then came pictures.  So many pictures.  It was so fun to be with our families and friends and we are so grateful for them and the way they have changed our lives.  When we had finished  pictures with our family, we began the long walk around the temple grounds for more pictures, Jared Medley took them and we really liked his work with our engagement pictures, we hope the wedding pictures are even better.  I'm sure they will be, Jared is one of the best photographers I've met (a nice little plug for him).  
On our way home, it was Megs, myself and Jennifer (Meygen's Mother) in the car and as we got on the freeway, I noticed the gas light and we all thought we should get off the next exit and fill up.  Well, that was the plan at least... Just a short distance from the off-ramp of exit 306 my car stalled and we coasted to the off-ramp, just short of the city where we could get fuel!  I couldn't believe it!  We ran out of gas on our wedding day.  Jennifer started calling AAA and we all just laughed at the fact that we were all in our duds and stuck on the side of the road!  Well, the people at AAA must have some really slow people on their phones, because we tried to explain where we were about 30 times and they couldn't get it.  I mean, we were literally staring at the exit sign right in front of us, and had all the information they needed (I could have found us on google maps faster than the call we'd had with them).  But luckily, after about 15 minutes on the road and on the phone, a highway serviceman showed up and gave me enough gas to get into town free of charge.  He was such a nice guy.  So after getting gas, we headed home and made it in one piece thank goodness, although not without a little teasing from just about everyone who received the texts that were going around about our incident.

No comments: