Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Cake!

So we officially ate the 1 year old Cake that has been in our fridge since July 23!  It even came with us when we moved. I was a little hesitant at first to eat it... I mean it has been just sitting there for 12 months. Sort of gross, however I sucked it up and cut it anyways. 

This was the Cake after I pulled all the dead flowers out of it. I guess we forgot to take those off when we boxed it up! LoL! It was weird to see it again, brought bake some crazy memories from that wonderful but hectic day. On the day of our wedding the only piece of cake that Cory and I ate was the piece that we smashed in each others faces, so I guess it was good to finally get a piece. 
The fondant on the cakejust peeled right off the cake. We didn't eat that part!  There was actually icing between the fondant and cake, I believe they call it dirty icing a cake. I got that little tidbit from Cake Boss!  The cake was half bad with a little of the regular buttercream icing. 
The cake was strawberry filled..... yummy! This layer was Cory's choice! 
Cory thought it was very very yummy! I think he even ate two piece of the cake! LoL! 

No comments: