Monday, November 29, 2010

Gingerbread House!

November 25, 2010 - 

While my Mom was in town she helped me make my first Gingerbread House. My mom used to make them almost every Christmas, so I was excited to start the tradition in my own home. It was quite a process... One day we made the dough, the next day we baked the gingerbread and cut out the house, then we decorated it on the third day. I was a little nervous at first.... I'm sort of a perfectionist so I didn't want to mess it up. But my Mom gave me the courage to jump in and get to it. It was a lot of fun I really enjoyed it and I'm glad I got to do it with my Mom and Rowynne. 

 The walls of the house... 

 Piping the frosting to add the roof...

 We added the roof next...

 Starting to decorate.... Gum drops for the side of the house. 

 Rowynne helped by sucking on the giant candy canes.... she had to make sure it tasted okay! 

 Starting to look more like a gingerbread house....
  
 The back of the house... My gumdrop wreath! 

My gingerbread house is cute and edible.  
I think my favorite part was the candy cane and gumdrop walk way. So cute! I love it! 

 Santa was on the roof.... 

Can't wait for next years Gingerbread house.... Now that I have the hang of it! 

Merry Christmas.... Such a great way to start the Holiday Season! 

2 comments:

sierrasister Kathy said...

Boy does that bring back some memories! Can't remember how many of those I made... enjoyed them all. Yours is terrific! Way to go.

Jessie said...

That looks so yummy!