Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Benihana... Birthday Continues!

For my Birthday dinner Cory took me to Benihana's. It was very fun and very delicious. It was sort of an adventure just to find it. Benihana's is hiding behind some very big buildings in Downtown Salt Lake City, but lucky for us we found it eventually after walking around the whole block!  The food was great and so was our chef. He did the Onion volcano and threw shrimp in his hat. He was a lot of fun. 
Me in front of the Benihana sign.... wearing my birthday hat (which is actually the kids menu)

Our chef cooking away! :) 

Cory made me try some sushi, he had made me promise that I would try some before we went to the restaurant. So Cory picked the Sushi Sample... which I thought would consist of a bunch of different rolls, like a California roll with different types of avocado, cream cheese... things of that nature to help me get over that fishy taste. 

Sushi Sashimi Sampler

Well needless to say that was not what we received. We had un-knowingly ordered Sushi Sashimi Sampler. Which if you are a Sushi lover will know that Sashimi Sushi is all together very different from a roll. Sashimi is just a piece of raw fish over a square of rice. Nothing yummy in-between. So i tried first the piece with shrimp... which was easy. But then I tried the Salmon and well it didn't sit very well. I got one piece down with a little help from my strawberry smoothie but ended up spitting out my piece of Tuna. I felt like a baby... but I just couldn't get it down, I guess that fishy taste is just not for me. I know that Cory was a little disappointed because he was hoping I was going to be his Sushi buddy... but I guess not! 

Me about to eat my first piece of Sushi..... I look worried! 


Cory wasn't too surprised by my reaction to the Sushi! 

Me and Cory enjoying our food! 

This was my fun ice cream cake and candle that they gave me it was cool. 
Oh and did I say it was super yummy! 
 They sang happy birthday while banging these weird drums. 

This ended my 24th Birthday... Lucky Me! 

No comments: