Thursday, February 9, 2012

Turkey

After Thanksgiving Cory came home one day with a Turkey because they had all gone on sale. I was a little nervous because honestly I have never cooked a turkey in my entire life. I mean I have eaten a ton but it had never been my responsibility to cook one and I didn't even know where to begin.  So I actually asked Cory's Uncle Derek since he was the one responsible for the yummy Thanksgiving turkey I figured he would know what to do.  Derek suggested some good ideas and helped me get started on cooking my turkey on my own. 

This was my final result.... Yummy! 

 
It turned out so yummy. I filled it with Oranges, Lemons, and Apples for flavor and then the secret was sticking butter under the skin. It was sort of gross and weird but it gave the turkey that beautiful golden crisp skin.  Thank You Derek for the great advice, I know who to go to for cooking advice!

No comments: